With Valentine's Day here already, my kids have been excitedly checking the mailbox every day after school in hopes of Valentines from friends and loved ones. They've been dutifully making and sending their own Valentines too, and decorating our apartment with hearts, doilies and scratch and sniff cupcake stickers.
These Oooh LaLa Drinks are now a Valentine's Day staple in my house. They're ice cubes made with mint and raspberries and they are absolute palate pleasers. They also couldn't be easier to make. So if you're a bit of a procrastinator, fear not. These will add a special touch to any Valentines Day celebration. As the ice cubes melt, they add more raspberry-mint flavor to your water plus a wonderfully festive pink color! Happy Valentine’s Day!
These are super fun to make together and delicious to drink. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pint of raspberries
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- A heart-shaped ice tray
- Fancy straws (we used paper straws that are biodegradable)
Here’s how to make Oooh LaLa Drinks:
1. Wash and smash your raspberries into a puree using the back of a spoon
2. Chop the fresh mint
3. Place the raspberry puree into some of the sections of your heart-shaped tray
4. Place the mint into the remaining sections and fill with water
5. Freeze overnight
6. Fill a glass with water
7. Add heart-shaped ice cubes and straw